How to Get Property Owners Residence Permit in 2023?
When it comes to real estate investment, many people see Turkey as the number one destination. Turkey offers a wide variety of properties from apartments to villas and at very affordable prices. By purchasing property in Turkey, you can both invest and obtain a residence permit in Turkey.One of the easiest ways to obtain a residence permit for foreigners who want to live in Turkey for a long time is to buy immovable. However, there are special conditions for the purchased real estate and application. This article has been prepared by the Global Mobility Turkey team for those who want to obtain a Short-Term Residence Permit for Immovable Purposes. We wish you pleasant reading.
Table of Contents
- What is Real Estate Residence Permit?
- What to Consider When Applying for a First Residence Permit for Immovable Purposes?
- The immovable property subject to the application must be a residence.
- Properties purchased after April 2022 must be valued between $75,000 and $50,000.
- Property Valuation Report must be submitted.
- The names of family members must be included in the title deed within the scope of shared or joint ownership.
- The numbering of the immovable property, if any, must be added to the file.
- It is required for foreigner to live at the address of the purchased home. Propety cannot be rented.
- The valuation report must be received from authorized companies, or it must be included in the file along with the valuation report used in the title deed registration.
Foreigners and their family members who buy a house in Turkey can obtain a short-term residence permit for up to 2 years within the scope of subparagraph b of the first paragraph of Article 31 of the Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection.
As of April 2022, the Directorate of Immigration Authority regulated residence permits for immovable property and required a valuation report in order to obtain a residence permit for immovable property. In this report, a minimum requirement of $75,000 in metropolitan cities and $50,000 in non-metropolitan cities was required.
It is stated that if foreigner buy property in metropolitan cities for Real Estate Residence Permit, the value of the property must be at least 75.000 $. If you wonder which cities are metropolitan, you can see the table below.
|Metropolitian Cities in Turkey
Global Mobility Turkey provides consultancy services for you finding appropriate property and immovable real estate residence permit. If you want to get a Residence Permit for Tourism Purposes, you can contact us by filling out the Contact Form below.